Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 08 March 2012 - 21:01:35

Immagine inviataCurrent career?

I’m currently the Editor-at-Large for [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Vogue Turk[/color][/color][color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]e[/color][color= #c33500;]y[/color][/color][color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;][color= #000000;].[/color][/color][/color]

What inspired you to pursue fashion?

My mother was a theatre actress, she was super stylish and I was always backstage playing with her costumes. But, my first job was dubbing for some movies and a TV series like ‘Pipi Longstocking’ at 7 years old. My brother was interested in photography so I began reading fashion magazines and taking pictures.

Now I never leave the house without a camera.  I used to shoot with a very old manual Minolta, then a point-and-shoot [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Ricoh 28mm[/color][/color] non-digital, now I’m using a [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Lumix GF1[/color][/color].  I’ve always been very inspired by [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Daido Moriyama[/color][/color]’s photographs. I would love to publish a photography and style book– I hope to always work on great projects combining art and fashion.

Immagine inviataHow do you creatively approach getting dressed?

Improvisation is so important! It’s not just about how I feel that day, it’s experimental, impulsive and (I think) intuitive. I have a very eclectic style, so I like to mix my feelings with colors, periods and themes. I’m not sure how people plan the night before.

Whose style has influenced your own?

Charlotte Rampling in old Newton photos, Monica Vitti in Antonioni movies, and Veruschka– I love the scene in Blow-Up and the iconic YSL Rive Gauche Safari image always stands out in my mind.

What do you feel best when wearing?

Dresses! I love wearing them at any length; long, short, knee-length. A mannish elegance can be very femme too, but I am one for dresses.

I cherish this YSL for Dior pink embroidered dress from 1969. It’s so incredible that it was exhibited in London! A very close friend of mine gave it to me when I opened up my vintage boutique.

Do you focus on any specific designers or time periods when collecting vintage?

I would be very happy with a retrospective of YSL in my wardrobe, and I especially love the 70s and 80s.  When I saw the exhibition 2 years ago at the Grand Palais I had this feeling that it’s all been done, there’s nothing much left to do. I also collect a lot of Art Deco Bijoux. I search everywhere but find the best vintage in New York, Miami, Paris, and London.

Where do you find to be the most visually inspiring place?

Down in the south of Turkey there is a small place called Bozburun.  The energy and scenery are magical– I always go to the Bozburun Yacht Club and a wonderful fish restaurant called Orfoz.

Always make time for…

No matter how busy I am I create time for myself to practice yoga and go to the gym. I also make sure to go to art and design fairs, there is endless inspiration and energy, Art Basel for example.

Immagine inviata

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/fvj8NxvAskc

Leggono questa discussione 1 utenti

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum