Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 01 March 2012 - 21:00:36

Immagine inviataCurrent profession?

I’m currently the in-house Fashion Stylist at The New York Post.

My first job, however, was as a Legal Assistant at a start-up law firm; I thought I was going to be a lawyer. One late night at the office while trying to fix the paper shredder, I realized that I was in the wrong industry…

You would make a very stylish lawyer…

I have fun with style. I’m a really energized person who enjoys feeling feminine, prepared and well put together—my clothing reflects that.

Do you feel more pressure getting dressed during fashion week?

When I was starting out I did, it’s intimidating. But I’m pretty consistent with my style, always a bit dressed up. Now I don’t think about it really, I just dress as I would any other day.

I find that people are quicker to judge my personality because I work in fashion and dress really feminine. I’ll get rejected at the door of my favorite bar sometimes because I’m not dressed like a hipster. Weirdly, the people I’ve met in fashion are far more open.  They’re also some of the hardest working and most passionate people in New York; it’s an industry that weeds out the weak pretty quickly.

Whose style has influenced your own?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Patricia Field[/color][/color]. She has no boundaries, no rules and no faux pas. It’s all about mixing, experimenting, and having fun.

Besides people, I’ve been highly influenced by [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Dior’s New Look[/color][/color]: full-skirted frocks, cinched waists, beautiful fabrics…all that glamour and polish! There’s this one image from the [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Louis Vuitton Spring 2012 [/color][/color]show, on the carousel, that brought my fantasies to life. It was surprising to see a show that in many ways visually portrays the way my imagination works.

Immagine inviata

Favorite place to seek inspiration?

New York City has been my best resource, there are so many different styles: uptown, downtown, underground.

I take advantage of this by going out a lot at night; I get my energy from other people so I explore different scenes and see what people are wearing. I gain so many creative ideas this way, it really keeps me balanced.  I’m just as inspired by the uptown women shopping at the Bergdorf Goodman second floor shoe department as I am by the go-go dancers who rock the late-night dive bar scene in the Lower East Side.

Where do the bartenders know your name?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]The Cabin Down Below[/color][/color] is one of my favorite bars, it’s warm and inviting. Plus it’s connected to [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Black Market[/color][/color] which serves up one of the best burgers, ever. You can spend the whole night in one place, which I often do.

Do you collect anything in particular?

An assortment of tutus, they run the gamut from [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Erin Fetherston[/color][/color] to Opening Ceremony. I also collect many headpieces, [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Shourouk[/color][/color] makes crazy beautiful ones as does [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Jennifer Behr[/color][/color].

Never leave the house without?

Perfume. I’ve been wearing this [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Flora [/color][/color][color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;][color= #000000;]scent [/color][/color][/color][color= #000000;]by Gu[/color]cci lately, but will return to my signature [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Juliette Has A Gun, Not A Perfume[/color][/color] as soon as this Gucci bottle is finished.

Which designers do you most admire?

I would hire [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Alber Elbaz[/color][/color] to design my wardrobe in a second. Hands down, without a doubt.

I’ve also been following many young designers that are really having fun, working hard and taking things to the next level, like [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Timo Weiland[/color][/color].

Favorite publications?

I always read W Magazine and actually love Teen Vogue, there’s something about the photography, the colors, the layout, the styling—it’s creative, fun, and well designed.

As for books: Shakespeare. Kate Spade made a series of clutches that look like books, I’m not a big KS person, but their Shakespeare ‘book bag’ has one of my favorite quotes on it. It’s a nice reminder of the way I felt in high school discovering his work. So, Teen Vogue and Shakespeare.

Skincare/Grooming?

I prefer simple products for the skin; Nivea lotion and Dove body wash, both unscented. For grooming, I do get regular blow outs. I rarely wear makeup, so when I do it’s pretty minimal: Tarte under eye  concealer, Maybelline mascara, a touch of YSL’s golden bronzer, and on a special occasion, a neutral-hued glittery Chanel lip gloss.

Do you wear any heirloom pieces?

A bracelet that I took from my mother’s jewelry box: it’s a thin Persian gold bangle with a beautiful, tiny, twisted bow appliquéd on it; also a necklace I wear everyday; a roughed-up silver square pendant inscribed with the words “happily ever after.” It keeps me dreaming about everything I want in my life: love, happiness, health– the real stuff.

Most memorable words of advice?

Don’t blow off the small things; no one will ever trust you with anything more. My first assignment at the InStyle fashion closet (my first internship!): I was asked to organize hangers!

And work hard, dream big…as David Bowie said, 
“I’m an instant star: just add water and stir.”

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/YCi626e3RTk

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum