Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 11 January 2012 - 21:00:42

Immagine inviataCurrent job?

Men’s Fashion Director at [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]T Magazine[/color][/color].

First job? 

I was a Newsie in Arizona– I delivered the Yuma Daily Sun (get it?!) on my bike after school. During college I worked at the Gap while interning at museums in Georgetown, then graduated to Esprit the summer after. It was the 80’s after all!

First ‘major’ purchase?

A [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date[/color][/color] watch– I bought it when I was hired at Cargo Magazine. It meant a lot to me as a kid from the sticks of Arizona to be able to buy something so substantial as a young adult.

Do you collect anything in particular?

I’ve saved a Playbill from every Broadway show that I’ve seen since moving to New York over 20 years ago. I have hundreds of them. I find the experience of theater transformative and these are my reminders.

What are your wardrobe staples?

I always have a pair of Levi’s 501’s in rotation. One pair. I wear it until it’s threadbare. Then I have to find another of the same. The [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]501XX 1947[/color][/color] model that is thankfully more widely available…It’s a straighter leg, regular rise.

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Clark’s Desert Boots[/color][/color] have been a part of my wardrobe long before they became the go to footwear choice of Williamsburg.

Immagine inviataFavorite shops?

Dries Van Noten’s [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Het Modepaleis[/color][/color] in Antwerp is my Mecca. Period. I’m sporting my new Dries overcoat with the fur flap, it’s sort of daring for me but I love it so much that I don’t really care.

I’d also like to go to [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Lane Crawford[/color][/color] in Hong Kong, I’ve never been!

Most stylish movie?

Gattaca. I was obsessed with the [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Frank Lloyd Wright[/color][/color] aesthetic and their vision of the fashion future as a very 40’s silhouette rather than space age-y metallic suits. Costume designer [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Colleen Atwood[/color][/color] is consistently extraordinary and one of my idols.

Daily reads?

I love [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]The New Yorker [/color][/color]and am a huge fan of Adam Rapoport’s new incarnation of [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Bon Appetit[/color][/color]. I cook at least one or two things from each issue; they’re always delicious and inventive without being hard to execute.

Drink of choice?

I’m a big beer fan. The craft beer revolution has made me very happy. I love IPA’s (India Pale Ales)…they’re quite hoppy and rich…[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Dogfish Head[/color][/color] and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Blue Point[/color][/color] (a local brewery) are two of my favorite makers.

Most visually inspiring place you’ve been?

I’ve just returned from Cambodia: the temples at [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Angkor Wat[/color][/color], Angkor Thom, Ta Phrom, and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]The Bayon[/color][/color] are absolutely unbelievable. Also, the experience of being in Siem Reap was heaven: the Tuk-tuks, the markets… and dinner at [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Cuisine Wat Damnak[/color][/color] was one of my most memorable meals ever in Asia.

What do you wear when travelling?

I don’t think that comfort should outweigh appearance when travelling. I always wear a sport jacket—my new fave is a grey [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Muji knit sport jacket[/color][/color]. It’s perfect and comfortable.

Shoe trees?

Just shoe bags, no trees. I stuff socks and belts in them to save space and keep my shoes in shape.

Never caught wearing?

Square-toed shoes. And leather, other than in shoes and belts. Flip-flops other than poolside or on a beach, and definitely NOT on an airplane.

Whose style do you admire?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Robert Rabensteiner[/color][/color] and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Stefano Tonchi[/color][/color] have incredible, and most importantly, effortless style. I’m also a sucker for just a well turned out stranger on the street.

Best style advice received?

I was once told that [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]a sock is not only a transition[/color][/color] from a pant to a shoe. It should relate to the shirt and tie in order to bring the whole Sartorial look together. It stuck with me and is absolutely true.

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/MMn6jXExmW8

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum