• Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 09 January 2012 - 21:00:01

Immagine inviataHow does your upbringing reflect in your style today?

I grew up in Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.  During that time, imported goods from China were all you could buy.  So, I was educated on quality and creativity by my mom, who sewed all of my clothes.

She made this dark dress with huge shoulders for my first day of school– I was 7 years old and my hair was cut into a short bob. The other girls had braids… I felt so awkward, but now I realize how cool I looked!

Any pieces in your wardrobe that you cherish most?

I only keep things for a short period of time before I put everything in a big bag and throw it away. I do this a lot, even if it leaves me with nothing to wear.

However, I kept a black leather vest that my father gave me when I was 14, and only recently began to wear it. Actually, Scott caught me wearing it when he first photographed me!

How have you surprised yourself recently?

I adopted a huge hairless rat, and I absolutely love him! So many people are surprised and freaked out…

It is my second rat– the other one has curly hair. They are actually intelligent and loving pets. When I was a young girl, I bred hamsters and provided them to pet stores.

The most daring thing you’ve ever worn?

A ballerina dress! I traveled by train from St Petersburg to Moscow wearing it the whole time.

Immagine inviataWhat do you build your daily look around?

I spend about 10 minutes getting dressed– a men’s Helmut Lang cashmere sweater has been my starting point lately.

My new favorite is a long sheer vintage dress; a gift from my girlfriend that I will wear for my birthday. Long dresses are so feminine! I’ve also been wearing a pair of simple, classic Balenciaga boots like a uniform.

Who would you hire to design your wardrobe?

I would wear almost everything from Ann Demeulemeester’s [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]latest collection[/color][/color], and Rick Owens’s silhouettes capture my imagination.  I like things that take me by surprise, like that red dress by Nicola Morgan from the [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Tension collection[/color][/color].

Never caught wearing?

I never wear heavy make-up– I don’t like how it changes my appearance.

What’s your skincare regimen like?

I use[color= #c33500;] [color= #c33500;]L’occitane[/color][/color] moisturizers, Body Shop butter, and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]AHAVA[/color][/color] skin replenisher.

I’m a real alchemist with skincare, and prefer essential oils. I add them everywhere, a special oil for every occasion; Patchouli, Neroli, ylang-ylang… I strongly believe in detoxification using Ayurvedic herbs and oolong tea.

Which publications are your ‘must-reads’?

I have a soft spot for [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]i-D[/color][/color], [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Dazed & Confused[/color][/color], [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Muse[/color][/color], [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Bullett[/color][/color], and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Russh[/color][/color].

Favorite shops?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Opening Ceremony[/color][/color]– Great concept, atmosphere, and selection of interesting pieces. I also like [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Beacon’s Closet[/color][/color] in Williamsburg for vintage.

How has New York influenced your look?

I became androgynous.  I actually feel like it was always me in the first place.  New York thrives on authenticity. I stripped away the layers and became more myself.

Who maintains your great haircut?

My hairstylist is a tremendous part of my look–  Russell of [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Tommy Guns Salon[/color][/color].  His whole salon is pure style.  It’s like getting your hair styled inside an old faded black-and-white photo

Most stylish city?

The city in which I live, the street style in New York is endlessly inspiring.

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/PYQcpUcl-XA

Leggono questa discussione 1 utenti

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum