#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 27 December 2011 - 15:53:12

Immagine inviata

First job?

I worked a summer job at [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Daslu[/color][/color] in Sao Paulo. After working for Vogue Brazil, I moved to New York and began working for Style.com, where I am now.

How has New York influenced your style?

I don’t think I wore high heels before I moved to New York, now I wear them about five or six days a week!

Which designer would you hire to design your wardrobe?

Miuccia Prada. I would wear Prada and Miu Miu every day of my life! I love bold prints– she masters them while designing equally strong basics and accessories. 

Who else designs great prints?

I wish I had more pieces by British designers like Peter Pilotto and Mary Katrantzou.

Style icons?

Laure Heriard Dubreuil has amazing style and a very covetable wardrobe. She’s always wearing the coolest designer clothes and not looking too precious or polished. The Russian girls have a refreshing take on fashion; I love Mira Duma, Vika Gazinskaya, and Anya Ziourova’s style. Giovanna Battaglia is never wrong. The list is endless…

[color= #333333;]
[/color]

Immagine inviata

What have you worn recently that felt very bold?

I’ve been obsessively wearing this Versace x H&M dress, the one Anna Dello Russo wore. It’s black leather with gold studs, and incredible. I hardly have any black dresses because everything is prints.

[color= #333333;]Latest “must have” purchase?[/color]

[color= #333333;]A Carven black cashmere coat and Uniqlo merino sweaters![/color]  I guess I am bringing some basics into my wardrobe.

Do you cherish any pieces of jewelry?

My [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Wilfredo Rosado[/color][/color] cameo ring is probably one of my most unique and special pieces.

What do you build your daily look around?

I build my look around the day ahead of me.  It’s important to dress appropriately for meetings, shows, or anything else; so I’ll wear heels. If a designer is presenting a collection, it is respectful to present yourself as well. 

If I’m at the office for the entire day I’ll wear my purple velvet RL loafers, or the leopard print…I have several pairs of them!

Immagine inviata

What do you understand about your style now as opposed to 10 years ago?

I know what suits my body. There are loads of pieces I’d love to wear, but it’s not going to work on my body shape. Still, I’m a risk taker.

How do you keep your hair looking so polished?

I go to [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Rita Hazan[/color][/color] here in the city. Adrian Wallace does the best highlights and Andre Rodman is my favorite hair stylist.

Which shops outside of New York are you excited by?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]NK Store[/color][/color] is the best store in Brazil. Their line is excellent, as is the buy of Celine and Balmain.  Even though I’m rarely shopping for these things when I’m there, it’s cool to see high fashion brought to Sao Paulo in this way.   I also love Corso Como and Excelsior in Milan.  When I’m short on time between shows, it’s fun to pop into Excelsior and see so many great things in one (surprisingly huge) place…it has a different energy. 

Where’s the most stylish place you’ve been in the past year?

Capri, I can’t wait to go back. [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]La Fontelina[/color][/color] is a low-key place, but everyone dresses up for dinner, and the food is amazing. You don’t feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere, but you do feel in touch with nature.

Are you athletic?

I love long walks in the park, but that’s all I’m doing at the moment. For 2012 I’m going to try classes at [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Physique 57[/color][/color], friends have told me good things!

Skincare regimen?

I’ve been using the same thing for over a decade now; Cle de Peau concealer, Shiseido Sun Protection Compact Foundation, Mac blush, and Lancome mascara.

What keeps you refreshed?

For me it’s my daughter, there is always a reality check the minute I step into the house.

What are your thoughts on new luxury kids lines like Lanvin?

If I’m going to Lanvin, I’m going to buy a dress for myself!  I love them for my stories, but I wouldn’t shop there for my daughter, I’ll go to CrewCuts.

Immagine inviata

What demands do you face now as opposed to when you were starting out?

More responsibility. When you’re starting out you do whatever you’re told and then you go home. Now my stories are my responsibility; I’m pitching ideas, producing features, coming up with trends, meeting with designers, and so on. The entire industry is working more than 5 or 10 years ago; designers are producing more collections, PR people are producing more events, editors are producing more stories.

The best style advice you’ve received?

Always wear good shoes!

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/fLUKxc2RBeA

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum