#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 27 May 2009 - 17:20:00

Immagine inviata
Describe the Three Over One brand…
Three Over One is influenced by a British working man’s wardrobe from the 1930’s and 40’s and vintage American sportswear. The collection has a rugged and relaxed elegance with an appreciation of the attitudes, style, quality and workmanship of the past. 

Why pleated denim?
I like to wear high waisted pleated pants as I guess I am somewhat nostalgic in my style, looking back to a time when I feel that men dressed more elegantly.

From a design standpoint, I incorporated these pants into my line because I wanted to revisit classic work wear styles (the pleat front detailing and the relaxed high waisted silhouette came from a 1930’s vintage naval pant) but execute them in a more modern way (hence using a lightweight denim fabric).

Describe "Sydney Style"
Relaxed, laid back and never taking itself too seriously.

The OZ style currently has what I would best describe as an “80’s electro in the sun, mixed with gothic rock” vibe. This look includes the skinny jeans in very distressed rip and repair finishes, oversized tees with bold simple graphics, short vintage board shorts and of course the obligatory Havaianas thong with injections of strong bright color throughout.

Is there an Australian Style Icon?
For me it has to be Errol Flynn.

What inspires design in Sydney?
Sydney style is heavily influenced by the warm climate and living by the ocean. This results in a more relaxed, colorful and laidback style, that has an emphasis on casual wear.

What country has the biggest design influence on Australian designers?
I feel a strong influence from the US, in both culture and design.

Are there any American brands you are into?
I really like what Adam Kimmel, Band of Outsiders and Engineered Garments are doing. The mixture of heritage styling and modern design really appeals to me.

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum