Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 17 February 2012 - 21:00:31

Immagine inviataCurrent career?

My boyfriend Nicola and I own a shop in Milan called [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]VOGA[/color][/color][color= #000000;]– I enjoy my work so much! [/color]We’re complimentary in the sense that I enjoy working with customers, and he loves working on the business side (he’s very rigorous and tidy, I am quite the opposite) so it works very well.

What do you find challenging about owning a shop together?

Things are more difficult now that we have a baby.  She stays with us in the shop sometimes and travels on buying trips. It’s definitely harder to place orders during the buying meetings and run around fashion week carrying all of her things in addition to all of mine!

You’re always in heels when you’re running around…

I still wear heels every day regardless of how busy I am. I wouldn’t wear sneakers or a down jacket, they’re too casual for me, it doesn’t feel right. Every morning I get dressed based on my shoes… I even pack them in my carry-on when traveling in fear of losing a pair!

Do certain pieces instantly make you feel more feminine?

Beautiful shoes! My favorites are a pair from Louboutin in Daffodile beige and my winter orange ones from Zanotti– I always feel more powerful when wearing them.

Have you worn anything recently that felt exciting and bold?

A certain Dolce & Gabbana leopard print dress– I felt excited because it was different for me:  a little sexier, a little bolder.  I also find myself feeling this way when I wear my favorite hats from [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Maison Michel[/color][/color].

Where do you go when seeking inspiration and beauty?

Venice, especially during the biennale of art—you can find inspiration for everything there! I would love to have a special installation from[color= #c33500;] [color= #c33500;]Maurizio Cattelan[/color][/color] or [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Dan Flavin[/color][/color] in my shop.

Otherwise, I visit [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Fonteverde a Thermal Centre[/color][/color] (Thermal Baths) in San Casciano dei Bagni for peace of mind.  It has a wonderful view of the Tuscan hills — very relaxing and beautiful to stay there.

Signature drink?

The beautiful Piazza San Francesco ArezzoBolgheri with a glass of red wine from Terre di Piero.

Most visually inspiring movie?

La Piscina with Alain Delon and Romy Schnieder is just stunning.

Do you wear many heirloom pieces?

I have a [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Jackie O [/color][/color]bag from Gucci that I wear, my mother gave it to me many years ago, and every time I wear it I like to think about how trendy it was when she had worn it most. For the evening, I wear a very special python bag made by my dear friend Marco Pasini.

Favorite shops in Paris?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Merci[/color][/color] and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Bon Ton[/color][/color] in Paris always have interesting ideas and creative installations. Also [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Bonpoint[/color][/color], I love the little polka-dot coats and dresses–very Parisenne and cool for my daughter Antonia!

Which publications do you read most often?

I always enjoy Dazed & Confused, Vogue Paris, and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Monocle[/color][/color].

What music have you been listening to lately?

Italian music is my favorite, mostly from the 60s and 70s — singers like [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Mina[/color][/color], [color= #c33500;]Mia Martin[/color][color= #c33500;]i[/color], Serge Gainsburg and Dalida. Sometimes in the shop we’ll play the [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Colette Podcast[/color][/color][color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;][color= #000000;].[/color][/color][/color]

Skincare/Grooming regimen?

AESOP is my go-to– I use the Facial Crème [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Hydratante à la Noix de la Camélia[/color][/color], and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Geranium Leaf Cleanser[/color][/color] for the body, also Kiehls [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]lip balm[/color][/color] and hand cream.

Memorable style advice?

I always remind myself of something Vreeland once said, “The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it.”

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/igvQxBXDRl4

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum