Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 01 February 2012 - 21:00:36

Immagine inviataCurrent profession?

I’m currently studying at[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;] l’Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture[/color][/color], the fashion school in Paris where “masters” such as YSL, Dior and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Vionnet[/color][/color] came before me. They’ve taught me that it’s not just about fashion but about style, attitude, and character.

I’ve finally learned to embrace color thanks to my travels to Italy, textile studies, and work with Proenza Schouler in New York. I used to wear only black!

Do you find inspiration in any heirloom pieces?

I recently discovered fabric samples that had been used for one of my grandmother’s coats- black velvet with golden embroidery and pearls… It’s so precious, I can’t wait to re-use it!

Also, this half-season coat from my mum with a black and grey “pied-de-poule” pattern.

What would you consider your uniform?

My day-to-day warrior outfit includes a very well fitting pair of black skinny jeans, a light blue men’s shirt, and a black leather perfecto; you can always create a contrast with these pieces!

Favorite men’s shirt?

Button downs are better when they smell like and belong to a boyfriend.  I have this perfect faded army shirt[color= #000000;] by Arrow and a bunch[/color] from YSL, Dior Homme and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]The Kooples[/color][/color].  I wear them the ‘French way’ (aka no bra) mixing cologne from a boyfriend with Chance by Chanel, a scent I’ve been loyal to since I was 15 years old. Obviously men’s shirts are quite an intimate subject for me…

When do you experiment with your look the most?

Childhood was my experimental time, convincing my mum to let me wear combinations like [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]bright red Doc Martens[/color][/color] with baggy silk khaki trousers!

Do you dress for travel?

I like to dress up because it’s rather obsolete these days.

It feels good to wear heels with a high waist pencil skirt and long gloves, reminding me of the 1950s when [color= #000000;][color= #000000;]Haute Couture would impose[/color][/color] a “travel coat”, “travel suiting”, and “travel pajama”. I also pay attention to this when I go to a museum; making an effort to contemplate art.

Which publications keep your mind going?

[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Le Monde[/color][/color] and The Economist for politics, [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Numero[/color][/color] for contemporary art features,[color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;] WAD[/color][/color] for its misfit approach, and any [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]French Vogue[/color][/color] under the Roitfeld reign!

Are you athletic?

Winston Churchill famously said “No Sports” when asked about his health secret. I suppose I’m a bit “Churchillienne” with sports!

Never caught wearing?

Flip-flops, crocs, or loafers!

Whose style has influenced your own?

After working with [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Victoria Traina[/color][/color], I’ll always admire the way she looks and the eyes she attracts when entering a room.

Most memorable gift?

I’m really keen on the Paris-based brand [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]The Kooples[/color][/color][color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;][color= #000000;], and t[/color][/color][/color][color= #000000;]heir[/color] magazine which features interviews with couples. One time an old boyfriend sent me a copy, it was complete with a fake interview featuring us! I often gift medals from a ‘Miraculous Chapel’ in Paris to those I feel connected to in some way.

Heels or flats?

I wear heels everyday for the allure and attitude it brings me. I always have a pair on hand, even if I know I won’t need them!  My favorites are [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Nicholas Kirkwood[/color][/color], [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Proenza Schouler[/color][/color] and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Kurt Geiger[/color][/color].

Most stylish city?

Apologies to Paris and NYC, but I’m in love with Rome!  Rome blows me away with its radiance, its chaos, and the art at your disposal along the ambient streets… the whole place makes me feel at home!

What advice have you actually listened to?

I keep in mind Chanel’s advice not to exceed 3 colors in one outfit.

http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/Dp5RhzHGoZ4

Leggono questa discussione 3 utenti

0 utenti, 3 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum