• Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Nessuna risposta in questa discussione

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 01 November 2011 - 21:00:57

Immagine inviataImmagine inviataImmagine inviataImmagine inviataImmagine inviata

I was in Madrid last week and visited [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]MAN 1924[/color][/color], wanting a closer look after too quick a visit to the shop last November.   Following this chance to spend a little more time there, I can say it’s quickly become one of my favorites in the world – right up with there with [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Al Bazar [/color][/color] and [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Tie Your Tie[/color][/color].

The thing I love about MAN 1924 is its perfect execution of casual chic.  I don’t know, maybe it’s something to do with the fact that it’s Spanish, but unlike Al Bazar or Tie Your Tie (perfectly manicured, sprezzatura looks – which I absolutely love), MAN 1924 is just that slight bit messy – but in a very cool way.  It actually is probably the closest to how I really dress – unlined jackets, cotton shirts, creased cotton pants, paired well with New Balance tennis shoes (if I can hide them from[color= #c33500;] [color= #c33500;]Garance[/color][/color] and keep her from throwing them out – but more about that later…)

I hardly ever take pictures of mannequins, but while I was there I just loved how they were put together – their color combinations, patterns, textures.   I took these photos almost selfishly, to help remind me of their ideas.

The other thing that is really great  is that – from what I understand - most of the clothes there are made by or for MAN 1924 exclusively.  Somehow, even given this, the prices are actually very good given the quality of design and materials; most of the jackets (and don’t quote me, but as I remember) are at or around 500 €, shirts were in the 120 € range, pants were in the 150 € range.  It’s not cheap, but still much less expensive than any “designer” brand.

When you add MAN 1924 to [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Just One[/color][/color], another of my Madrid favorites (with a couple of other small, old-school shops whose names I am blanking on right now!), Madrid has surprisingly become one of my favorite (and most budget-busting) menswear destinations.

For guys in the US, I would literally start petitioning Barneys (they are at the forefront of this category of the market – just introduced [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Piombo[/color][/color], expanded their buy of [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Aspesi[/color][/color], and have continuing business with [color= #c33500;][color= #c33500;]Massimo Alba[/color][/color]), Neimans, Saks to start featuring the line.  There is this whole level out there that I see that would do so well here.

If you can’t make it to Madrid, you really need the chance to buy this line locally.
http://feeds.feedbur.../~4/yZlZxsbG3g0

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum