• Effettua l'accesso per rispondere
Questa discussione ha avuto 3 risposte

#1 The Sartorialist

The Sartorialist

thesartorialist.com

• Ambasadiani MI1-e
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Inviato 31 March 2010 - 00:13:00

Immagine inviataThe date is January 3, 1954.  Pictured in the center is my grandfather Yukio (known to me as Ji-chan, Japanese for Grandpa).  My dad (pictured on left) is 9 here, his brother a couple years older.  The three of them are getting ready to leave Japan for the first time and emigrate to California.  My Japanese-American grandmother (born/raised in Calif.) had earlier left her family in Japan in order to find a job, a place to live, and get settled here.  Then she sent over for her husband and kids to come and join her in the States.

This photo of Ji-chan reminds me of a Japanese Indiana Jones with the leather jacket and fedora, ready to go on an adventure in a far-off land.  He always looked sharp when he went out.

Ji-chan was always a bit of a mystery to me as there was a language barrier (he spoke only Japanese) and he was a quiet man.  But I really loved him.  He would sneak behind my grandmother's back and smoke cigarettes in the garage or in the car.  I'd always laugh at him becuase it was so obvious.  He would awe me with his yo-yo tricks.  When I was little I'd hold his hands and he would let me step on his toes while he'd walk around the house.  And he was a highly regarded gardener in the Japanese community and won awards for his amazing bonsai plants.  He was in his backyard garden, sitting at a chair next to a little table tending to one of his mini-tress when he passed away when I was 14.  When my grandmother discovered him she thought that he was simply taking a nap because he looked so peaceful.

Immagine inviataWhen I saw the pictures of my graceful compatriot on your site, I felt the urge to send some of my most cherished family photos too, those of my paternal grandmother Theresa Moreira Reis. She was born in 1903 in Recife, Northern Brazil, daughter to the city's most sought-after tailor. Politicians and other affluent people were part of his clientele, and her father's work influenced her sense of style throughout her life. Grandma Theresa was congenitally chic, and unpretentiously glamorous before fashion was in fashion. Her European taste in dressing must have made her stand out there and then.

#2 sergio3

sergio3

TpXMI

• Ambasadiani MI1ax
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella
    Interessi: TUTTO

Medaglie

Inviato 31 March 2010 - 08:38:07

Non hanno certo le qualità delle foto di "THE SATORIALIST" e visto che con questo Topic ha proposto "The Family Portraits, Vintage Photo Contest", propongo con molta modestia le mie foto (nel senso che sono sull'album di Famiglia, ma che non ho scattato io-sarei nato 10-15 anni dopo):

2010_03_gg_0901_19_edited.jpg
i Fratelli di mia mamma (la seconda da sinistra) Luigi-Fidalma-Alfredo-Alba-Pietro--  anno 1932

2010_03_gg_0814_37_edited.jpg
mio Papà nel 1935

2010_03_gg_0811_22_edited.jpg
mia Mamma con amiche (Lei è con l'ombrellino) anno 1928

2010_03_gg_0841_38_edited.jpg
mia Mamma con una Amica --anno 1935

2010_03_gg_0838_45_edited.jpg
mia Mamma con un'amica e il caso volle che partorirono insieme, nello stesso Ospedale e nello stesso giorno (un saluto al mio Amico Fratello Carluccio che se ne sta sulle grandi cime-pax-)

2010_03_gg_0827_54_edited.jpg
una Cugina di mia Mamma. Giovannina, in Argentina -Giugno 1923

2010_03_gg_0831_31_edited.jpg
Riccardo, un Cugino di mia Mamma -anno 1930-

2010_03_gg_0816_57_edited.jpg
Mio Padre in esilio in Libia scrive a casa --anno 1937--

2010_03_gg_0820_02_edited.jpg
Mio Padre col suo mezzo di locomozione--anno 1933--

e per quest'oggi basta.

Io non mi sento italiano, voglio resistere e insorgere

#3 Vio

Vio

TpMI

• Ambasadiani MI1a
  • StellaStellaStellaStella

Medaglie

Inviato 31 March 2010 - 10:32:50

:girl_sigh:  che belle foto Sergio   :)

Grazie x averle condiviso con noi  :6:

"{C}{C}When you were born, you cried and the world smiled. Live your life so that, when you die, you can smile and the world will cry{C}{C}"

"{C}{C}Quando sei nato piangevi ed il mondo rideva. Vivi la tua vita in tal modo che quando morirai, tu potrai ridere, mentre il mondo piangere.{C}{C}"

"Cind ti-ai nascut plingeai iar lumea ridea. Traieste-ti viata in asa fel ca atunci cind vei muri sa poti zimbi iar lumea sa plinga."

- Proverbio Cherokee-

#4 XCXC

XCXC

TpX2MI

• Ambasadiani MIra
  • StellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStellaStella

Medaglie

Inviato 01 April 2010 - 00:55:34

chissa' perche' le foto di alcuni decenni fa sono molto piu' artistiche delle attuali...

forse perche' ai quei tempi l'immagine non era cosi' diffusa...

Leggono questa discussione 0 utenti

0 utenti, 0 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi

Effettua i tuoi pagamenti con PayPal.  un sistema rapido, gratuito e sicuro.

info@ambasada.it

Telegram.me/Ambasada     iMessage: info@ambasada.it

fax (+39) 02 70033057       tel (+39) 02 45077169

Sedi diplomatiche della Repubblica di Moldavia:

Ambasciata di Roma
   Consolato di Milano  Consolato di Padova

Privacy e Cookie Policy / Termini e Regole del Forum